Saturday, March 22, 2014

Why a "blog"

Why a Blog?
I have been thinking lately that I need to write down key events or memories from my life that illustrate important principles. I have been doing a lot of reading and listening and watching of business and healthcare related topics. Often while studying, I will have old stories or experiences come to mind that relate. Or I may have recurring thoughts about a topic later and think, "I should write that down." I've told Mary this and she agrees that I should.
I have a personal journal and a notebook for each of several topics ie. parenting, business, happiness, quotes, language (foreign--Mongolian and Italian), continuing education, random, daily thoughts. None of these places seemed to fit for the thoughts that I want to gather. In fact, I was considering starting two blogs today. One for personal ideas/experiences that illustrate principles I think of, or learn about. And a second blog for my mighty meteoric rise (a strange phrase for an object that only flies through space until it becomes a meteorite and actually falls to Earth) (I also like looking up origins of random phrases) to incredible success and possible world (maybe ours, maybe another world) domination.
Aside from the above reasons for wanting to start a new blog: whenever I'm busy I don't get around to writing in my journal and I plan on being very busy from now until I retire on a large ship and sail around the world or to another world (thank you Virgin); since I will be incredibly famous one day--this will be a guide on how to become awesome like me (then I'll change the name of the website to "Wildly Successful"); this web-log will be the beginnings of my several books (why buy the book when you can read for free? why buy the cow when the milk is free?...because the book will be better and edited (and abridged) by a professional editor. Why read the blog when you can buy the book? I don't know that's for you to figure out, I'm going to write it whether you read it or not); writing helps me collect my thoughts; Mary's new website is inspiring and I want to copy cat her website and previous blog on learning; Dale Carnegie, How to Win Friends & Influence People, discusses a businessman who states that his weekly review session with himself was the most important factor in his success; I need a place to review, and "teach" information gleaned--maybe harvested is a better word--from all the awesome books and materials I am learning from; Mormons (members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) are encouraged to write our family and personal histories--and I think they should be interesting...hopefully mine is; Mary gets burned out with hearing me babble about business--now she can read however much she wants, whenever she wants...or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment